Hours of operation for Lake Nighthorse-
2022 Hours of operation may vary due to COVID-19.
- April 1 – May 8: Friday, Saturday and Sunday Only; 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.; Non-Motorized Recreation ONLY
- May 13 – 31: Open Daily; 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Motorized Recreation Begins May 15
- June 1 – August 31: 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Daily; Guarded Swim Beach Opens June 1
- September 1 – September 30: 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Daily; Guarded Swim Beach Ends September 5
- October 1 – 16: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Daily
- October 21 – November 13: Friday, Saturday and Sunday Only; 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- November 14: Winter Wildlife Closure
30 minutes prior to daily closure, the entrance gate will be closed to access, and boat exit inspections as well as watercraft launches will cease.
During daily operations, Monday, Wednesday, and Friday open to 10 a.m. are quiet & wakeless hours, including holidays.
Entrance Passes fees-
- Day Pass Vehicle Entrance $10
- Day Pass Walk/Bike Entrance $4
- Day Pass Commercial Vehicle $25
- Season Pass Vehicle:
- 1st for Household $80
- Multiple Vehicle (Same Household) $40
- Season Pass Vehicle Senior *:
- 1st for Household $70
- Multiple Vehicle Senior (Same Household) $35
- Season Pass Walk/Bike $25
- 5-Punch Pass Vehicle $40
- 5-Punch Pass Vehicle Senior * $30
- 5-Punch Pass Walk/Bike $15
* Senior is 62 years and over
Remember, you must have a valid Colorado fishing license to fish!
Rainbow Trout, Brown Trout, and Kokanee Salmon have been stocked since 2011. Other species in the lake include White and Flannelmouth suckers, Fathead Minnows, Johnny Darters, and Crayfish. State of Colorado Fishing Regulations are in effect:
• Bag limit is 4 trout per day and 8 in possession (no size limit restrictions)
• Anglers can use traditional baits (see Colorado Parks and Wildlife Fishing Brochure for definitions; e.g., no aquatic live bait allowed)
• Limit on Kokanee Salmon is 10 per day and 10 in possession. No snagging is allowed
• No fishing where signs are posted
• Please put fish entrails in the garbage, not the lake